Menu
Tsukkgin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ping Spikes

I consistently get large ping spikes on anything I do, frequently.

Its not a peak time issue either, unless the early AM is considered peak hours.

The test virgin Media provides has brought back nothing. Nor does Speedtest.net show any issues.

I called last week, which was determined that a TP-link powerline extender was the issue, this solved it for a day.

Can i get some sort of assistance?

0 Kudos
VMguy
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping Spikes

Can you do a http://www.pingtest.net/ test please and post the results please. Multiple tests if possible.

0 Kudos
Tsukkgin
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sadly Java just refuses to load on any browser I try using pingtest.net

I've been trying for two hours straight

0 Kudos
LokiDog
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't take any notice of VMguy, he had a problem and was told what tests to run, he thinks that qualifies him as a technician if he spouts it in every post.

Now I think of it, could you please tell me the colour of the light of the port on the superhub that the Ethernet cable is in, and also the wattage of your house lights please?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tsukkgin,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting ping spikes. I've just checked your connection and everything looks healthy from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy. It would be worth setting up a broadband quality monitor at thinkbroadband.com. This will track your latency over 24 hours into a graph. Once you've set this up, give it 24 hours to populate then post a link here for us to take a look at it.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos