Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (108 Views)

Ping Spikes with SuperHub 2.0 for a month

Hello all,

Like the rest of us mere mortals, I have come here to complain Smiley Happy

I've had issues with my connection for about a month now: frequent and random ping spikes, sometimes rollbacks or even a very brief loss of connection at times. Nothing massively annoying on a daily basis apart from a few freezes on videos, but it makes gaming and direct downloading impossible (goodbye, my Overwatch winning streak :/).

I am using WIFI, but even via Ethernet the problem remains. I have this issue even outside peak hours, even though it is worse at that time.

I should mention it started just after there was a general phone and internet blackout in my area for half a day (Huntingdonshire). It was fixed quickly, but the quality of the connection dropped from that point onwards. I also recently was upgraded to the 70 Mbps package. Maybe those played a part in the issue...

Please find enclosed a Broadband Monitor graph :

sVirgin-08-05-2017.png

I've tried your online test, sometimes it picks up an issue, sometimes it does not. The best I had was a "Restart everything and it should be fine" message. Needless to say, it was not.

Please let me know if you need any more details. I should point out I cannot use my box in Modem Mode as I live in a shared flat and Wifi has to be on.

From what I have seen so far on these forums, it seems to be a common issue. I would appreciate it if I could get an appointment with one of your engineers at some point.

Thank you in advance for your hard work and dedication to the cause! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: Ping Spikes with SuperHub 2.0 for a month

Hi Yuzo,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable, which is good.

Are you able to post the network log from the router settings please for us to check over? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log and you can copy and paste this information.

Have you completed a speed test to see what you achieve?

Does a factory reset of the router help at all? Be mindful that when this is completed an saved settings will revert to default.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (58 Views)

Hi Samantha,

thank you for taking the time to reply.

I tried a hard reboot, no change. It gets better for a day and then issues come back. I'm not even sure it's related. I cannot always access the router's admin page, too. When I do, it's right after a reboot, and it shows no issue in the log (I'm guessing it's normal). Otherwise I get a timeout error in the browser window.

I did several speedtests, most of the time it's fine but during the worst moments the bandwith drops massively: here are one good one and one bad one (during peak time).

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1495222614890870255

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1494013909171670455

Overall it actually feels like it's getting worse, I used to have a few freezes for a couple of seconds, now during peak time it can prevent me from watching streamed videos at a decent quality. And still the occasional unexplainable lag spikes ingame.

I've never had issues so far, hardware is working fine. I don't think I can do much more...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (39 Views)

Hi Yuzo,

Thanks for getting back to me and for the information provided, I appreciate it.

In regards to this issue, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos