Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 21 (264 Views)

Re: Ping Spikes whilst playing games Super Hub 2ac

So changing the channel to the least popular has done nothing for the quality of the 2g network unfortunately.

Also is there actually virgin media guys here? Because when I last spoke to them on the phone they said use the forum's as they will be able to help more.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 12 of 21 (245 Views)

@madmonkeyrtu Traceroute it's fine, it's normal to see some hops not respond as ICMP responses are discarded for various reasons. And as everything is within the 10 ms to 30ms~ range it's not unusual. The BQMs are average with the exception of the odd bit of packet loss listed. Hub upstream and downstream stats are all fine. Your area has the full 24 downstream compliment (excellent.) Are your upstreams still at QAM16 modulation?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 13 of 21 (245 Views)

madmonkeyrtu wrote:
So changing the channel to the least popular has done nothing for the quality of the 2g network unfortunately.

Also is there actually virgin media guys here? Because when I last spoke to them on the phone they said use the forum's as they will be able to help more.

@madmonkeyrtu they take a week or two to respond to a topic. When they do they'll check the advanced diagnostics/logs

2.4GHz will never be good/excellent though, lots of stuff use and many other non-computer based devices can (and do) broadcast on that frequency deliberately or inadvertently

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 14 of 21 (210 Views)

Hi madmonkeyrtu,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing high ping times.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy.

The next step would be to try through a wired connection to see if you get the same issue, so we can eliminate any wireless interference.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 15 of 21 (208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hi there, so I have been using a wired connection on the PS4 for the past week now. Using a 6m ethernet cable.
Whilst playing on the console i have not had a much better quality connection (teleporting enemies etc). Looking at the the BQM the ping has been very variable, I can post them once I get home if you would like
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 21 (166 Views)

Can anyone provide more information and/or help?
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 17 of 21 (146 Views)

Hi there, been 2 weeks now without a reply. I have been running a wired connection to the ps4 for quite some time now. if you would be able to inform me on what the next step would be i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 18 of 21 (115 Views)

Sorry to hear about the connection trouble experienced madmonkeyrtu,

I've had a look into this for you and I'm unable to detect any faults either via the equipment levels or network segment.

How have things been for you since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 19 of 21 (97 Views)

Hi there,

I was still very clearly receiving problems on the wifi. Earlier this week i have since bought 4 powerlines (1000mb tplink) to attach everything in the house. This has unfortunately not resolved the issue and i receive disconnections whilst using them. I don't know if this is an issue with the router or my own house electrical circuit.

I would also like to share the last few Broadband Quality Monitors

My Broadband Ping - HOME VM 5G

Those are wed, thur, fri and sat. The network was being used when the average and maximum latency is peaking.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21 (64 Views)

hello?

0 Kudos