Menu
Matty2
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ping Spikes - Area 21

Hello,

Since we've been with Virgin we have experienced very large peaks in connection time over very often, usually at least once per day.

Hub Stats:

Is there any explanation for this? (The packet loss near the end was us playing about with locations~)

The hub is in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping Spikes - Area 21

Hi Matty2,

Sorry to hear you've been getting poor speeds and latency at peak times. I've just checked your connection and can see that you're affected by contention fault F003373170 which is due for review 18/11/15. This will cause the slow speeds and latency you're experiencing. 

We'll be able to see the progress of the works nearer the review date. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Matty2
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Here is hoping~ 14 days gosh

0 Kudos
Matty2
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So any news?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matty2

Thanks for getting back to us. I've had a check on fault ticket F003373170. The estimated review date has been rescheduled for 30/03/2016 while we await a date for further work to continue resolving this problem. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused. We should have more information available nearer the review date but please post here anytime for an update on this fault. 

Kind regards

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Matty2
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt responses team, it's much appreciated!

Unfortunately for me the service is now unacceptable and I cannot consider renewing it when it is due to run.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vasor
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI!

Same area, same problem. Does that mean I won't be able to play Battlefront until April 2016?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TheHilikus
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I fall under the Area 21 bracket and at peak times between 9-11pm the latency / slow speed issues render online games (including Battlefront which I picked up last week) unplayable. I'd suggest you look elsewhere as soon as your contract allows, which is what I will be doing.
0 Kudos
KevinHeritier
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here in area 21.

The latency and debit speed is unacceptable. I called them last Sunday and they told me it should be fixed by Thursday, I could trust them but they already said that 3 weeks ago. I give it one week to be fixed, after that I will switch provider and I never want to hear about virgin ever again, and so do my flatmates.

If we have to wait until april 2016 to have decent broadband and have to pay full price until then the choice is easy to make. I find this attitude toward existing customers completely unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Matty2
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, just check for an update as the review date has passed?
0 Kudos