Menu
rickysanders
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ping/PS4 connection problems

Good morning.

I am having connection problems on my PS4/Laptop again.

I have been upgraded to 100Meg but I'm still getting poor ping/jitter results when testing,

This is my ping test result... This is one of my better results. It has been E and F.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/137555593.png

This is my next door neighbours...

http://www.pingtest.net/result/137555787.png

I'm not an expert but I know a little bit, and looking at those results it's easy to see why i'm lagging all over the place when playing the PS4 online but he's absolutely fine.

I've called the tech team 6 times and tried explaining to no avail. I've been told on 3 occasions that there is a problem in my area, but my neighbour is joined on to my house and as you can see from the results, he isn't having a problem.

I've also tweeted numerous times only to be told to call the tech team.

It's been going on for 4 weeks now, and I've been unable to join in with online gaming with my friends which is so frustrating when I've tried everything I can think of to get back online.

I've been a customer for nearly 8 years and no one seems willing to help me out.

Thanks

Ricky

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping/PS4 connection problems

Hi rickysanders

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing which is affecting you when playing online, we'll certainly look into this for you. I'm unable to locate your details to run some checks on your connection so I'll send you a PM for some additional information.

Are you connected wired or wireless? Are these issues only occurring at certain times (peak times) or is it throughout the day?

Speak soon,
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rickysanders
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning,

Thank you for the reply.

I've tested on both wireless and wired with the same results.

It seems pretty horrendous whenever I try though it does tend to be of the evenings I try.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rickysanders

Thanks for replying to my PM I've been able to run a few checks on your connection. There is currently an SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault ticket open under reference 

F004157335. This type of fault can cause intermittent service and the fix time is estimated for 21/01/2016, 

I can also see a fault ticket open for peak time contention under reference  F004070372 with a review date estimated for 30/03/2016. This would be the fault mentioned when you called in. Apologies for the inconvenience this fault is causing you when trying to play online.  If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date we can certainly check for any updates on this ticket.

Kind regards

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos