Menu
Gzorbditw
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss/ping.

Hello,

Been a virgin customer for over 10 years now (from when it was NTL:, father pays the bill) and it has been perfect. However since December 2016 every single night is plagued with packet loss and high ping/rubber banding.

Most of the time the ping is not super high, around 50-80 but the loss and sucking back is a major issue in games like FPS. I work nights and at 6am the loss goes and ping goes back to 20-30.

I don't really know much on the networking/router side of things (hence this post) but i do know i am still using the Superhub 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss/ping.

Hi Gzorbditw, 

Thanks for getting in touch! Let me start by giving you a warm welcome to our forum community! It's great to see so many new faces around here.

I am sorry to hear about your issues with packet loss and high ping, I apologise for any troubles incurred, I will do my very best to help sort this for you. I've tested your connection from this end and I noticed that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak times of day. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order combat this. 

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F003834378 and is currently scheduled in to be reviewed around the middle of April. Thanks for your patience regarding this matter, one of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information for you. I will need to pass this onto them to take a look for you, before I can do this I will need to clear a few security questions with you as our process for doing so demands.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) outlining the relevant pieces of information, please respond to me there and I'll sort this for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos