Menu
Fishpan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss issue

Hi all,

I recently moved from a Hub 3 to a Superhub 2ac and am still having packet loss issues - around 5-10% in Battlefield 1. Running Superhub 2ac on firmware V2.01.09 and on the 200/20 Gamer package. Would appreciate if someone can look at my levels/logs and tell me the cause of this packet loss.

Thanks!

~Fishpan

TBB BQMTBB BQMD/S LevelsD/S LevelsU/S LevelsU/S Levels

Network LogNetwork Log

0 Kudos
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss issue

Firstly your first bad move was to change from the Hub 3.0 ... Simply because it would of gave you 16 downstream channels rather than the standard 8 the Superhub 2ac will give you.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
CJS23
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is it a bad move? The jitter, lag and packet loss from the Hub 3.0 is a joke. I'm also on 200/20 , "downgraded" from 3.0 to 2ac and whilst the connection is now useable, it's still poor. Out of interest, assuming you are on a wired connection, have you run Speedtest recently? Just wondering if you get wildly varying results? On my connection, the "best server" choice changes constantly, as does the ping.

0 Kudos
Fishpan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I get varying results even to the same server on speedtest.net - download fluctuates from 17mbps to 220mbps wildly especially during peak time. As I type this, I've run 5 speedtests showing a max speed of 40mbps download Smiley Sad

I've checked the Asus router's traffic monitor and there's no device hogging any download/upload speed at all. 

Same issue occurs in modem mode and I've replaced all ethernet cables to no avail. 

0 Kudos
CJS23
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Fishpan

It's for others to give detailed technical info on you packet loss. Your symptoms match mine, however. Am I right in thinking you used to get the full speed you paid for up until recently, then it all went bad?

I'm in Area 30 NG24 - what area and Post Code area are you?

0 Kudos
Fishpan
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well the speeds are fine during the day mostly but the packet loss issue is occurring throughout the whole day. When I first got the package, i was getting 220/22 speeds but during the evenings now it drops severely with pings spiking as well. Area 03, SM4.

Attached another BQM for 2-3rd Jan showing the peak time issue and constant packet loss.

3rd Jan BQM3rd Jan BQM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fishpan, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and I can see that there is a little bit of trouble with slow speeds in your area at peak times, I have flagged this to networks and I am waiting for them to get back to me. 

Do you find the packet loss happens more during peak hours? 

If you are using a wireless connection try wired, pop the hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. 

Let us know if it makes a difference. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos