Menu
jamese1991
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss and ping spikes

A few months ago, I was getting this but it seemed to have disappeared, but now it back and Im getting bad packet loss when playing league of legends. Can anybody help ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss and ping spikes

Hi jamese1991, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with packet loss and ping spikes. I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested your connection from this side and I noticed that there's a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs. I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jamese1991
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam

The engineer come out and replaced some old equipment, but it seems to have no changed much.

He mentioned at the time that there was over utilization in the area and it will be looked at and fixed within a month

Can you give me an update on that ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi James1991, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I hope you don't mind me picking this up. Adam is out of office. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005203060 for slow speeds at peak times, mostly on the up-streams as far as I can tell. 

The current review date is 28/06/2017. Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

All the best.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jamese1991
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Since I've last posted my internet has gotten worse. It's now at a point where I have no connection at all now. I noticed it this morning before I left for work, I've gotten back this evening and it has worked for a few hours and is totally not working anymore.
I'm finding this incredible frustrating now, especially since it looks like it's going to take until sometime in June to be fixed and I very much doubt that it will be fixed by the date you have given me.
0 Kudos
Neskat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It wont be, I wouldn't count on it. My original review fix date was January, it's currently at May and i'm waiting for another move
0 Kudos
jamese1991
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe how bad they're service is. Tonight I've completely lost all service, still isn't working. I'm seriously considering leaving virgin now.
0 Kudos
Neskat
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Damn thats bad. Mine is bad but only during the day, from like 12am onwards it works great. Road to Platinum is alive

0 Kudos
jamese1991
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Can you find out what is going on with fixing the problems I am having ?
I've noticed that my internet has been down a few times over the last few weeks due to engineers fixing problems in the area.
It seems that my internet is still total crap during evenings, which is extremely frustrating due to the fact I work all day.
I will wait until my review day, however if the problem is not fixed by then I would appreciate it if my contract would be cancelled, and no early cancellation charges made to my account. I think this is fair since the problem has lasted almost six months now.
Also, I don't think I should have been paying my full monthly bill over these months due to the poor service provided.

Regards,
James.
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, for someone in your situation to find another supplier is gonna be your only resolution in the short to mid term.
0 Kudos