Menu
LewisHerbert
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss & High Ping

Hello,

I've recently been having issues with high ping spikes and packet loss. Had this issue before and spoke to the technical team over the phone and after a few weeks it had seemed to stop. Browsing the web is fine as it generally happens quite randomly (few times a minute). But it makes playing games unbearable, im rubber banding all over randomly pinging up to 500/600 on CSGO + BF4.

40% PL at hop 6 is surely  the issue? (All done cat5 straight into the hub). I also usually get 120+ Mbps down but recently can't get over 20???

Hope someone can have a look at my line etc see whats going on

Thanks 

Lewis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss & High Ping

Hi LewisHerbert,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds and ping spikes. I've checked your connection and can see that you are affected by contention fault F003279124. This is due for review 14/10/15 and will cause slow speeds and poor latency at peak times when the network is busiest. 

Do you get these spikes at all times or is it mainly the in the evenings?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss & High Ping

Hi Lewis don't use PingPlotter because Tech Support think it isn't worthy as evidence.

I have had Packet Loss for days, but they won't believe me unless I show Ping in a command prompt running... it's like.. Amateur Hour.

Majide!
0 Kudos