Menu
PacketLoss101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss since I've been with VM

I've been with VM for almost 2 years now.

Ever since I've got the 100MBps plan, I've been having extreme packet loss of up to 100%.

All my online games have been unplayable to the point where I start to teleport around the game world every 2 seconds.

The packet loss has gone really bad since February this year. Before that it was either minor or on weekends, but now it's everyday.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss since I've been with VM

Post a speedtest

Post a trace route to the server in question...

Tell us what hub you have and how you are connecting

0 Kudos
PacketLoss101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5294769584

I'm using a SuperHub 2ac.

Here's a screenshot of my tracert.txt.Tracert.txt fileTracert.txt file

0 Kudos
tolikelis
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had same problem, have canceled vm today and ordered sky fibre. Vm clearly focus on speed not the quality. Not the one for gamers I'm afraid
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No packet loss and no high latency. A lot of people would give their eye teeth for a connection like that..

What makes you think you are getting packet loss?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

tolikelis wrote:
I had same problem, have canceled vm today and ordered sky fibre. Vm clearly focus on speed not the quality. Not the one for gamers I'm afraid

If you get less than 4ms jitter to continental servers Id love to know lol

0 Kudos
tolikelis
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I was with vm before on 20mb and it was superb, mind that was 8 years ago, now I was with vm 100mb package for 2 years and it wasn't bad, speed is pretty impressive, but for the price and that speed it's pretty bad for gaming and vm support not helping in this matter at all. I don't know what's so funny for you, but I have done same online tests on my laptop at my house on 100mb vm and then at my brothers house on sky adsl 17mb and his connection had 0ms jitter and only 10ms latency and 0 packet loss, vm had 70ms latency and about 8ms jitter. So looks like sky is lol about vm performance. Btw, vM does get even worse than that sometimes. Looking forward to see how sky will perform with 38mb. Can't lose here anyway, I will online paying £17.40 for whole year while vm is £30.5, or £25 for 50mb
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

10ms latency and 0 jitter to what?

A server on the internal network? An actual gaming server?  Can you post em?

THATS what is LOL to me. You don't actually tell us WHAT you are measuring. 10Ms latency and 0 jitter to my hub is completely different to a CS Go server- which is not going to happen unless you can prove me wrong?

0 Kudos
tolikelis
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That's basic ping test online some for both connections and diference is huge. How can video playback can keep buffering with vm 100mb? Voip keep braking up and getting mad lag online. Next week I will have sky bb 38mb, then I will be able to test them both side by side at my home as vm will be active till end of the month.
Btw, if there's packet loss to local server, what chance does it have to international one? Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
PacketLoss101
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You are saying I have no packet loss?

Then why is my character in, for example, in League of Legends, walking slowly and then suddenly increases in speed or teleports a short distance? Is that not considered packet loss?

Or in Battlefield where I aim at my enemy and before I could even shoot I am already dead and my body begins to fly at around 300kms an hour (no this is not a bug, it's what happens when you have packet loss)

Do you want me to post a video to show you that I have packet loss? Because it certainly isn't funny.

0 Kudos