Menu
uberduberdoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss playing games

Hello,

I have been experiencing packet loss while playing online games from around 10pm till about 12pm. Players would stop moving then speed up to catch up where they are, the game I've only been playing is Final Fantasy XIV and no one else has been experiencing lag with in it from whom I've asked.

I am using an ethernet cable with the super hub 2 with wireless mode on, but I am connected via cable when I play games.

If anyone could please assist as it is ruining any enjoyment for myself and my friends

Thanks

0 Kudos
uberduberdoo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss playing games

Any help at all from the forum team?

0 Kudos
Vdera
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can almost guarantee this is due to VM over-subscribing in your area.  They're doing it all over the country; taking on too many customers which is straining their network at peak times.  I've been having issues like this for about a month and I'm told the issue wont be resolved until March.

I pay for the 200Mbit service.  During peak times I get about 1% of that speed with pings up to 400ms.

Customer service are a joke, and you'll easily wait a week on here for an official reply.  You're better off contacting them via Facebook.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi uberduderdoo,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing packet loss whilst gaming.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which can cause slow speeds/latency/packet loss. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004800735 and with a review date of 25th January 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch shortly with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
uberduberdoo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Although late, thanks for your reply regardless Samantha.

Will I be reimbursed for poor service then?

0 Kudos