Menu
kc9400
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss - EVE Online

I'm getting high packet loss and this is preventing me playing the game I most enjoy. What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
kc9400
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss - EVE Online

Just seen this thread, I assume it's probably related.

Tons of other players reporting the same issue on the eve online forums.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/Intermittent-connection-with-Gaming/td-p/2887404

0 Kudos
Cessna
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been getting this too for past 2 months when I play Eve.

My internet stays up fine but I get socket closures in game and looking around this is a big problem with VM customers.

My computer is wired to router and have no problem with anything else except Eve and sometimes Mumble.

I hoped it would get sorted but after years with VM i'm considering moving to another provider as Eve is the only game I really play.

0 Kudos
kc9400
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't too bad until recently and now I can't play for more than 10-15mins without being dropped.

It makes fleets a nightmare and doing anything other than in station trading isn't possible Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kc9400,

Thanks for posting, I did respond to your other posts on another thread earlier today so I'll post the same here:

The trace looks perfectly normal but the ping does show packet loss. The thread you've linked is to do with suspected issues with the SH2 firmware causing drops from games, we don't have a timeline for this at present I'm afraid but it is being worked on. This will only cause drop outs however, not any issues with latency and we've not seen any evidence of packet loss (other than the 100% when it drops completely of course) 

This issue is eliminated when the hub is put in modem mode. If you've not tried this already could you give that a go?

I think it best we keep this to one thread to avoid any confusion so could you post any reply here rather than on the other one?

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kc9400
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't tried it in modem mode.

As I understand would this not require an additional router?

What are the disadvantages of doing this?

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a small test to see if there is any problems also in modem mode, if none, then it may be with the firewall part of your Shub being the culprit and from there it might be easier to track down the problem.

Majide!
0 Kudos