Menu
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

PS4

I'm playing Fifa 17 online seasons it just always seem like my opposition has the better Internet I can't seem to keep up with this game it happens when I play against players from the UK as well. 

What is wrong with this Internet??? This is really frustrating me

I can't even play 1 game properly without the lag and inconsistency within a game. I really should not have upgraded  to Vivid 200 gamer Virgin need to sort this problem out in my area as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4

Hi Omar7733, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004685018, which seems to be a load balancing issue. This does seem to have improved recently, but the fault ticket is still open and further issues may arise. The ticket is due to be reviewed today so I will keep an eye out for any updates. If I don't have an update by the time I finish I will let you know what the update is when I am next in which is Saturday. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection to game. I would recommend a wired connection where possible as it creates a much more stable connection. 

How have things been looking over the past few days? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ONGOING UTILISATION FOR 7 MONTHS

WHEN ARE VIRGIN GOING TO SORT IT OUT ONE OF THE CHAT ADVISORS REFRESHED MY INTERNET WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME AND HE/SHE HAS MADE THE INTERNET WORSE.

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: ONGOING UTILISATION FOR 7 MONTHS

Ill try explain what VM does for you.

They over sell the network your on and will continue to sell more connections on the network that is already over extended, when it gets bad enough and only then will raise a **bleep** is going on to the "network team" who will then spend the next 6 months patching it up in a completely pointless attempt at keeping it going. Once enough people complain they then PLAN to do a resegment on the network, which takes another 6 months+ with lots of tea and meetings to plan, mean while they will continue to sell more connections on your broken and unuseable network. When they finaly do a resegment on the network and get it working correctly they then give everyone a speed upgrade and over extend the network yet again as the resegment was barely enough for the speed it had already.

So by my calculations you have another 5 months left atleast and then a few months of OK internet before they break it again.. oh an ignore any repair dates VM give you as they pull them out of a brown smelly place and always push them back.

I come on here as web pages is about all 150Mb broadband can do between 4pm and 10pm.

So in the meantime continue to play your bill ontime for the "Service" they provide and maybe phone Peter in India on 150 as they love giving out refunds if you swear at them some.

Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ONGOING UTILISATION:

This is the worst customer support I have received. I was speaking to someone called Robert on the chat and I told

Him “I think we both know what the problem is there is ongoing utilisation and during peak times you completely slow down my Internet speed because of the usage in my area.”

What does he do? He closes the chat.

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN MEDIA WORST INTERNET

WHAT;S THE POINT OF HAVING FAST INTERNET SPEED IF THERE'S AN UNSTABLE CONNECTION????

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN MEDIA WORST INTERNET

.. & WHAT IS THE CAPS LOCK KEy FOR ...

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Add a broken keyboard to his internet connection problems.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

The fastest way to resolve the issue would be to phone them up on 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, tell them what's happening & ask them to check your connection, there are many reasons the connection can become unstable, if you have been experiencing the problem for a while you can also ask them to credit money off your next bill to compensate for a partial service, anyone can understand your frustration but shouting gets you no where, Phone them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@shauneeb The OP has already been informed by forum staff that they are in an area suffering from a peak time utilisation issue so calling in would be a waste of time.

I personally think spamming the forum about this issue every day is a waste of time and if I was the OP I'd leave for another ISP as there is plenty of evidence on this forum that utilisation issues rarely get fixed quickly. That's just me though, I prefer to move on rather than bang my head against a wall.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.