Menu
Aqib_269
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS4

I keep losing connection when ever i play GTA or Fifa and its gettin Realy frustrating i cannot play for no longer then 5 mins is there a solution to this
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4

Well that all depends what the cause of the issue is Aqib_269.

I've just checked your connection and for the most part everything looks totally normal. Looking at the historical data I can see that the SNR has been fluctuating and only stabilised this morning. This is likely what was causing the issue so hopefully everything will be back to normal now. We are monitoring this and if the problem returns we'll raise the fault immediately.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Aqib_269
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem has returned once again every time i play gta it lags out and always ruins the gaming with mates
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aqib_269

Sorry to hear that these issues have returned. Everything looks ok when checking your connection, I can't see any issues again with your SNR.

Are you connected wired or wireless?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Aqib_269
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its a wireless connection because the genius engineer didnt ask where i wanted the router and jus fixed it in a another room
0 Kudos
dc1231
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have the same problem on the ps3 with other games and netflix. but VM seem to just say its fine when it clearly isnt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Aqib_269

Sorry the router isn't as close as you would have liked it, we would always recommend a wired connection for gaming however we also have a wireless guide that may help.

Have you considered a long Ethernet lead or perhaps even power line adaptors

I have just checked your connection again by the way and it is looking good from here.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos