Menu
DSNv
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4 wired connection issues

Hi guys, recently I've been having some problems with my internet connection.  They were really noticeable this evening while I've been trying to play CoD BO3, as my connection was dropping from a 4 bar to a 1 bar repeatedly.

I've hooked up my laptop directly to my router with an ethernet cable and I've tried a couple of basic checks including a tracert to www.bbc.co.uk which shows some hops that are being missed.  Is this a call 150 from the home phone job or is it something the support guys that frequent this board might be able to help me with ?

Many thanks in advance ! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PS4 wired connection issues

Hi DSNv

Thanks for replying to my PM. I've been able to run a few checks on your connection and I can see that there is currently a fault raised for peak time contention (F003402190) which would explain the problems you've been experiencing online in the evenings. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you, I can imagine how frustrating this must be if you are playing a FPS like BO3.

I can't see any updates on the ticket at the moment but if you are able to bump the thread a bit closer to the review date which is estimated for 18/05/2016 we can certainly check again.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DSNv

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing when playing online,. I'll certainly get this looked into to see what's going on. I'm unable to locate your details to run some checks on your connection so I will send you a private message for some additional information and get this looked into.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DSNv
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - replied to your PM.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DSNv

Thanks for replying to my PM. I've been able to run a few checks on your connection and I can see that there is currently a fault raised for peak time contention (F003402190) which would explain the problems you've been experiencing online in the evenings. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you, I can imagine how frustrating this must be if you are playing a FPS like BO3.

I can't see any updates on the ticket at the moment but if you are able to bump the thread a bit closer to the review date which is estimated for 18/05/2016 we can certainly check again.

Speak soon

0 Kudos