Menu
Liamsy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4 restaring Modem/Router (IP camera) - ANNOYING

Morning,

I've got the Superhub 3 (Can't remember if it did it on the Superhub 2) and I have this odd issue.

If I have my IP camera on (WiFi) and I turn my PS4 on, 9 times out of 10 for some reason it'll restart my equipment and obviously lose connection? I've tested it this morning, played some games, downloaded some free games (Over 50GB) and I've had no issues. At current I'm unable to test the camera because it's unplugged and I'm looking after my kids.

I put this down to the Superhub causing the issue.. So I purchased a Netgear R6400 router - Stuck the Superhub in MODEM ONLY mode and away I went. Got everything connected, iPad, iPhone, Android Phone, Amazon Fire Stick and the IP camera. Powered on the PS4 (While the IP camera was active) and BOOM, router restarts, Superhub restarts and I lose connection, which in time does come back on it's own.

I thought by buying a router would eliminate the problem... I was wrong!

PS4 is wired and the IP camera is WiFi... I'm lost on what I can try next?

Suggestions?

Thanks for reading Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 restaring Modem/Router (IP camera) - ANNOYING

Hello Liamsy,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your fault, this certainly is a confusing one!

I've taken a look at your connection from our end and all looks well. I have to admit this has got me slightly confused. Have you had to do any port forwarding or anything like that to get your camera's up and running?

I'll leave your thread open so other members can add input.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Liamsy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello and thanks for your reply.

After doing a little testing it's appears the camera has no effect in the equipment crashing. We've tested the PS4 without the camera on and it still restarts the modem, causing the router to crash because of it.

I've tried opening the ports for the PS4 and forwarding them but that didn't resolve it either.

Tried wired and wireless - Both do the same.

I'm going to call Virgin - Could be an issue with the Superhub?

Obviously got the SH3 set to MODEM ONLY mode as it's linked to the router.

I'm lost for ideas apart from the SH3 being faulty - Still think the SH2 was a better unit!

Thanks all
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Liamsy

It is an interesting problem, I have noticed that the signal received at the hub is noisy (low downstream SNR)

34.3 dB        32.5 dB        33.3 dB        34.3 dB        33 dB        33.4 dB        33.3 dB        32.3 dB        32.2 dB        34.3 dB        32.3 dB        30.8 dB        28.9 dB        31.3 dB        34.3 dB        32.2 dB        30.5 dB        26.6 dB        24.2 dB        25.6 dB

and the transmit levels from the hub too high 

52.5 dBmV        50.5 dBmV

This may cause some instability etc and I would humbly suggest a good place to start is an engineer visit. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Liamsy

Thanks for your message, apologies for the delay. It looks like you may have called in and already had an engineer visit. At the moment the levels are looking much healthier:-

4.1 dBmV        3.7 dBmV        4 dBmV        4 dBmV        4 dBmV        4 dBmV        4.1 dBmV        4.3 dBmV        3.5 dBmV        3.7 dBmV        4.5 dBmV        4.9 dBmV        5.3 dBmV        5.6 dBmV        5.6 dBmV        5.5 dBmV        5.6 dBmV        5.8 dBmV        5.4 dBmV        4 dBmV
        40.9 dB        40.3 dB        40.3 dB        40.3 dB        40.3 dB        40.9 dB        40.9 dB        40.9 dB        40.9 dB        40.9 dB        40.3 dB        40.9 dB        40.3 dB        40.9 dB        40.3 dB        40.9 dB        40.3 dB        40.9 dB        40.3 dB        40.3 dB

Fingers crossed you are noticing some improvement....

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos