Menu
Gem1986
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 locked games/apps

Hope someone could give some help pls?? After upgrading to the faster broadband my boyf ps4 keeps locking apps like Netflix etc and any games hew bought online in the ps store. When renewing licences it just times out! Spoke to virgin all ports are open...still no luck. Took ps4 to parents used their Internet to unlock easy all ok. Now locked again! Virgin say there nothing they can do...psn say it's not them either. Virgin trying to send other ppl who will charge me to fix any faults, saying it's the device. If it was then it wouldn't work on someone else's Internet right 😂 any ond help pls?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 locked games/apps

Hi Gem1986,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with locked apps on the PS4, that's certainly an odd issue.  I'm not sure what we can do to help but I'll certainly try.

Are you connecting to PSN without any issues?  Realistically if you're accessing PSN then anything that happens after that, access wise, is down to permissions on your PSN account, I've never actually heard of a problem where specific apps are then locked.  Can you use other PSN services OK?  Can you access PS Store?  I would suggest trying your hub in modem mode with a wired connection to the PS4, this will give a different IP address so could make a difference.  In addition could you try putting your hub into DMZ?

Let me know if that helps, I've noticed your upstream power levels are also too high.  I doubt that's responsible for these issues but I'd still like to get an engineer out to come and get things sorted just to make sure.  I'll send you a PM so we can get that sorted as well.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
LSmith
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 locked games/apps

Go into settings, account settings I think
activate as primary ps4 and then the games won't lock
0 Kudos