Menu
Donnapitts
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS4 gaming issues!! ....

Hi, every month there seems to be issues from prices going up to my broadband fading away i pay alot of money to get the most and best internet having the XL bundle. The Last week i have been running on less than 30mb of internet i used to run on 60mb and now its nowt... my nat type is STRICT!! Its ridiculous. I dont pay all this money for this specially when you increased the bill AGAIN. please help.... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 gaming issues!! ....

Welcome to the forums.  Sorry to hear you are having issues with NAT on your PS4.  This is not something I have encountered personally in several years of gaming on the PS3 & PS4 with VM.  I found the tips below that might help: 

How to change your NAT Type

Here’s a quick guide to get you on your way with changing the NAT type:

1. The first thing you’ll need to do is to find out how to connect to your router, this address is normally something like 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.1.254. Once you type that into your web browser, you will have to put in your administrator login and password and get into the router. This information should be either on thebottom of the router itself, or in the manual that came with the router.
  2. Enable UPnP function on your router.
  3. There are two ways to do this now. Either set a static IP address for you console, and assign it to the DMZ (demilitarized zone, not recommended), or open up some ports and assign it to the console. The rest of this guide will advise you which ports need opening up. DO NOT SET DMZ FOR THE ENTIRE ROUTER AS THIS IS EXTREMELY INSECURE.
  4. The way you forward ports will vary from router to router, but you should be able to find a guide on Google for your specific router.
  5. You need to open up the following ports in both directions TCP & UDP:
    • 3478-3480
    • 6000-7000
    • 10070-10080
  6. These are all ports that you need to open for Sony’s first party systems (such as voice chat, PSN, remote play etc.) and games, and should, once rebooting your console, allow you to have NAT Type 2, which is what you’re looking for.
  7. Other games will have additional ports that need to be forwarded, but these are based on each game. The developers will probably post details whenever a game is released on their community forums.

I found these tips on this page: http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Donnapitts
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Already done all this and returned strict, thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Donnapitts
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its not even letting me log in too my router, just keeps error messaging me its that low on mb it wont do anything.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried connecting the PS4 through a wired connection with the Super Hub in modem mode?  This would help to determine if this is a fault on your line or an issue with the router functions of the super hub.  I suspect the latter, but there is only one way to be sure.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Donnapitts wrote:
Its not even letting me log in too my router, just keeps error messaging me its that low on mb it wont do anything.

I was posting my last message as you posted this.  I'd do a factory reset on the super hub as your speed, or lack of, shouldn't stop you from logging into the router.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Donnapitts

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow speeds and your NAT type on the PS4. SCA1972 has given some very helpful advice and let us know if you can log into the hub after a factory reset. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks healthy which is great.

Are you connected wired or wireless?
What NAT type do you get if you put the PS4 into the DMZ in the advanced settings of the hub?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos