Menu
IIMIIKV
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 download issues

Trying to download Hitman. The download speed for my PS4 is 272.4 kbps. I'm pretty sure that's terrible as a 5gb download says it will take 28 hours. How can I fix this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 download issues

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test is the best way to get the best speeds. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

Are you seeing slow speeds on any other device?  If not, then it could be Sony's servers being busy.  One "trick" which I have tried and seems to work, is pausing the download for a minute or so and the staring it again.  The only reasoning I can think of for this working is that pausing and restarting might connect you to a different server that is less busy.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 download issues

Put the PS4 into Rest mode, and it will down load quicker.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos