Menu
Di5co
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4 controller issue, wifi linked?

Hi, I'm on my 6th PS4 in the space of around a month(ish) just because on all of them the DS4 has turned off on me whilst in use (yes it was fully charged and even wired at times) it can no longer be thought of as a console or controller problem as its happened on 6 brand new consoles also from different stores so a faulty batch isn't the problem either. I can't keep going into the stores with the same problem every time.

I have been told the DS4 is Bluetooth and things like Wi-Fi can cause interference which would cause the DS4 to turn off?

Ive had a ps4 since 2 years ago and its been fine till around a month ago.. around about the time when our broadband speed got increased to 200mbs, could this extra speed be causing interference. is it worth me downgrading and can it be done?

0 Kudos
Di5co
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4 controller issue, wi-fi linked?

Hi, I'm on my 6th PS4 in the space of around a month(ish) just because on all of them the DS4 has turned off on me whilst in use (yes it was fully charged and even wired at times) it can no longer be thought of as a console or controller problem as its happened on 6 brand new consoles also from different stores so a faulty batch isn't the problem either. I can't keep going into the stores with the same problem every time.

I have been told the DS4 is Bluetooth and things like Wi-Fi can cause interference which would cause the DS4 to turn off?

Ive had a ps4 since 2 years ago and its been fine till around a month ago.. around about the time when our broadband speed got increased to 200mbs, could this extra speed be causing interference. is it worth me downgrading and can it be done?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 controller issue, wifi linked?

A speed increase should make no difference, you could try turning off the 2.4GHz wi fi and leave the 5 GHz on as this shouldn't interfere 

0 Kudos
Di5co
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 controller issue, wifi linked?

Damm I was really hoping that could be a cause, I'm out of idea's now why its happening.

I can't change to 5Ghz as the ps4 console doesn't support it.

0 Kudos