Menu
lynxafc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 connection issues.

If your getting NW-31456-9 error on your playstation it's because PSN are having trouble connecting to virgin media. I just phoned sony's support and told me this was an ongoing issue and simply gave me a reference number and a "sorry there's nothing we can do at this time while we sort out the problem with virgin media's engineers"

I've been reading about this so called 'modem mode' and using another router to fix this problem. Is there any step by step guides on setting this up? because the last 4 days these issues are not getting any better. I simply cannot connect to the PSN and it's unacceptable... 4 days! lol just stupid.  

I also receive these error codes on my PS4 when trying to connect to PSN

CE-33992-6

CE-33987-0

NW-31456-9 - This was the one that sony confirmed that issues with Virgin Media come from.

NW-31194-8

NW-31205-1

I just got a new PS4 from Sony (today) after sending them my PS4 to them to be fixed (for the 3rd time) they only just confirmed they are having problems with virgin media to me today via a call to their tech support over the phone.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 connection issues.

Hi Lynxafc,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble with PSN. Here's a guide to using modem mode until we get the issue sorted. 

I hope this helps.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
robbeer
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 connection issues.

the modem mode will only temp fix for few hours then you will be denied access again. this time with nowhere to go Smiley Sad

0 Kudos