Menu
withnail69
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4... Speed issues...

Hi guys I've seen several threads saying they aren't receiving anything like the speeds they should get when they run a speed test on their ps4. I have the same issue and I'm not sure if anyone ever got to the bottom of it or not. I pay for 70 meg broadband have my ps4 hardwired and ps4 speed tests show about 5 meg download and 2 meg upload.. Whats really odd is when I plug my headphones into my PS4 controller the sound goes all laggy and cuts out. Even when not in a game. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4... Speed issues...

never ever pay attention to the speed tests done via ps4 or xbox they are connecting to servers in us. to test download a game and watch its speed if i do a speed test on my xbox one it shows 18mbs down and 21up but if i download a game it comes through at 190-218mbs...  Smiley Happy

Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ps am not sure if the ps4 shows the download speed of content like the xbox 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The PS4 speed test is worthless.

The Sony back end is slow as a snail, has been for years.

Your better putting the PS4 into sleep mode (with internet access enabled) to download games faster.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting good speeds on the PS4  speedtest (done about 10 mins ago)..

PS4 Pro , system software 4.50 beta 4 , Vivid 300

IMAG0313_253

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware