Menu
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Problems

Hi well i had a standard ps4 in living room and also in the bedroom with superhub2 no problem

Then changed to superhub3 and All was ok.

I got a ps4 pro works great in the living room but sadly the standard ps4 no longer works on bedroom, it was replaced under insurance new ps4 1tv same issue but all other devices in bedroom work

Ps ps4 pro works in bedroom great

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Problems

I have moved you post to a separate thread rather than having it tacked onto the end of an old thread.

You don't say how the consoles are connecting to the VM hub but I'm guessing it is wireless.  The PS4 Pro and the updated slim version of the PS4 can connect via the 2.4 Ghz band or the less congested 5GHz band. So it would be useful to know if the two PS4s are connecting to the same band, otherwise you're not comparing like with like.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The PS4 pro in both rooms works on 2.4 and 5ghz

The PS4 works in living room in 2.4 but not in the bedroom

But all other devices when tested one at a time worked 2.4ghz in the bedroom apart from ps4
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If other devices are OK then that suggests that the 2.4Ghz signal is reaching the bedroom OK, but is maybe not a strong enough signal for the PS4's wireless adapter to connect to.

The only thing VM will suggest is trying different wireless channels, they have a guide here.

There is also a sticky post at the top of the networking board with good advice:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Getting-a-better-Wireless-Network-Signal...

One option might be powerline adapters.  These use the electrical wiring in your house to create a wired network without the need for long cables.  They are rarely as fast as the manufacturer's claim but are a lot more stable and less prone to interference than wireless.  A lot of console owners use them to get more stable connections and less lag than wireless.   Some powerline adapter reviews here:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/20-best-powerline-adapters-2016-uk-3490638/

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos