Menu
GriggLFC
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Problems. SH3 rubbish. Customer service shocking

Having major problems with my hub and ps4. Can anyone help as customer service pay me off with the same rubbish every time.

I have the 200mb package and it's terrible. I was getting a better connection with sky. I've used DMZ created a separate IP and none of this is working. I'm also using Ethernet so I should be getting full speed.

Phoned of for technical help and told we will do tests bla bla and they tell me nothing's wrong. Clearly there is when I'm struggling to get 5m upload speeds which is crap for gaming. I was then told I'd be better upgrading to gaming package which I did and it turned out to be worse. I feel like I've tried everything.

Can someone please help because I'm on verge of going back to sky?

Thanks

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Problems. SH3 rubbish. Customer service shocking

GriggLFC wrote:

Having major problems with my hub and ps4. Can anyone help as customer service pay me off with the same rubbish every time.

I have the 200mb package and it's terrible. I was getting a better connection with sky. I've used DMZ created a separate IP and none of this is working. I'm also using Ethernet so I should be getting full speed.

Phoned of for technical help and told we will do tests bla bla and they tell me nothing's wrong. Clearly there is when I'm struggling to get 5m upload speeds which is crap for gaming. I was then told I'd be better upgrading to gaming package which I did and it turned out to be worse. I feel like I've tried everything.

Can someone please help because I'm on verge of going back to sky?

Thanks

Firstly, 5mbit is more than enough just for gaming, games really don't use a massive amount of bandwidth, what are you using to determine speeds, i wouldn't trust the PS4's built in testing tool its not overly reliable to begin with, i would also double check to make sure nothing else on the network is using too much bandwidth or uploading things

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes the SH3 has firmware / chipset Problems. Its been like this for over 6 months.

Sony's Backend is slow, and the PS4 has a slow NIC it.

You will NEVER get 200Mbps download on the PS4.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
GriggLFC
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes but most of the time I'm not even getting 5mb. I created a separate IP so nothing else is using same. I'm using PS4 testing tool but I'm using on a LAN cable 

0 Kudos
GriggLFC
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not looking for 200mb download speeds. I'm looking for the 20mb upload speed that I'm paying for is it hard to ask.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Sony speed test tools are notorious for not reflecting the true speed of your connection, only the speed of the Sony servers.  If you want to know the true speed of your connection it is always best to test with a PC or Mac connected by Ethernet as they can give more accurate results than any console.

Having said that, if you don't have access to a PC or Mac then you could try this upload speed test in the PS4 web browser:

http://testmy.net/upload

Make sure you set the test server to London as it defaults to Dallas, Texas.  This test gives me higher results than the Sony results, but even it gives lower results on my PS4 than on my PC.  Just tried it now and Sony test gives an upload speed of 6Mbps, Testmy.net on PS4 gives 8.8Mbps and on my PC it gives 11.5Mbps.  I'm on the regular Vivid 200 tier so my line is fine and almost maxing out my upload speed on the PC, clearly demonstrating that the PS4 is not an accurate way of measuring the capabilities of a VM connection.

I don't agree with the theory that the PS4 has a "slow NIC" as to call it a gigabit NIC if it can't do gigabit speeds would be false advertising.  I can believe that the Sony's backend is slow and needs some upgrading, or is being throttled by Sony to manage bandwidth and/or server loads.  Also not ruling out a hardware bottleneck elsewhere with the PS4 but it certainly isn't the gigabit NIC.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sorry to butt in.shane is right about the upload speed for gaming 5mbps upload speed is wicked.i have friend on talktalk copper wire line download 4mbps upload 0.7mbps he has no lagg and comes out top on most the on battlefield 1 tipical score 30 to 40 kills to 5deaths hes gets alot of xbox hate mail.you need good stable line i have 6.11 mbps upload vm i cant even kill him in a game or does having a rubbish connection pay off in gaming lag compensation who nos this vm is rubbish though

0 Kudos