Menu
AJ360
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS4 NAT TYPE

For the last week it's been on moderate or strict. Before was 100% open. How can this be changed without phoning up
0 Kudos
AJ360
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 NAT TYPE

Anyone??😢
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issues with NAT type are usually because the routing functions in the hub are not forwarding traffic correctly to the PS4.  This can sometimes be resolved by setting up port forwarding to ensure that PS4 specific traffic is forwarded to the correct ports on the PS4. There is a guide on what ports to forward here.

Personally I have my hub in modem mode and use a third party router, so have never had to setup port forwarding, and have no issues with NAT on my PS3 or PS4.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree with SCA1972. My PS4 NAT works ok in modem modem plus own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
AJ360
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nice one! I'm going have a butcher at it now. That link is very helpful, thank you.
0 Kudos
ripperkip
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not comfortable with this solution as adding another piece of hardware is surely going to add latency to the connection. Any idea how I can get to nat type 1 (im on nat type 2 atm when my ps4 is in the DMZ). Thanks!

0 Kudos
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NAT type 1/Open is achieved by putting the PS4 into a DMZ, so if you've done that correctly, that should be it (although NAT Type 2/Moderate is fine)

As for increased latency in modem mode, that's not the case.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
0 Kudos