Menu
wanny123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PS4 NAT TYPE PROBS

Recently have NAT TYPE problems on my ps4, I get IP address, Internet connection and PSN connection all SUCCESSFUL . But when it comes to NAT TYPE it either times out or fails. I've tried everything from port forwarding , DMZ , static IP all these and it still does it. My ps4 is at the mo in port forwarding and Xbox one in DMZ. Have no probs with Xbox ?? Any advice would be most grateful. Cheers
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PS4 NAT TYPE PROBS

Have you tried putting your hub in modem mode and having just the PS4 connected via Ethernet to see what NAT type you get?  I'm not suggesting this is a permanent solution, but as test to see if the hub's router functions are causing the problem.

Personally I have never seen any NAT issue with my PS3 or PS4 but I use my own router.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PS4 NAT TYPE PROBS

Have you tried putting your hub in modem mode and having just the PS4 connected via Ethernet to see what NAT type you get?  I'm not suggesting this is a permanent solution, but as test to see if the hub's router functions are causing the problem.

Personally I have never seen any NAT issue with my PS3 or PS4 but I use my own router.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.