Menu
r16pab
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS4 NAT 3 ISSUE ON WIRED CONNECTION ONLY

Recently purchased a new PS4 for Christmas Present. I have 152mb broadband and the Superhub 1. On wireless I can get PS4 to connect and connect via NAT 2. But due to where ps4 located I wanted to use a wired connection as its available. When connect via Lan I only get restricted NAT 3 Restricted mode. So just to check I moved PS4 Right next to super hub with 1metre cable, and exactly same issue. NAT 3. I have tried manually setup with static Ip ect. Port forwarding ect. Still same. So to recap on wireless its get NAT 2 But when wired only NAT 3. Please help. This is going to be a Christmas present and want It fixed before the big day. A bit of research the web indicates possible Superhub compatibility issues ??, may need Superhub 2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 NAT 3 ISSUE ON WIRED CONNECTION ONLY

Hello r16pab

So sorry about the more restricted NAT on wired, I've got to be honest I'm not sure why that should be, maybe it is a hub firmware issue.

Have you tried a factory reset.

Might be worth specifying an IP and trying DMZ mode to put you directly on the internet?

I wonder what the NAT type is on modem only mode as the router firewall is bypassed?

If you would like a Superhub 2 by the way please give us a call on 150/0345 4541111 to discuss your options.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
r16pab
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have tried all you have just recommended. On dmz it's the same, in static ip it's the same. In modem mode only , yes I do get Nat 1. But in any other possible configuration, it's gives my Nat 3, unless on automatic wireless configuration, I get Nat 2. but unfortanly wireless is very poor where the console will be situated. I am happy with my superhub and have no other issues. And even stranger is that even a static ip on wireless then turns into Nat 3. Only automatic dchp on wireless gets Nat 2. I really appreciate your time to try and resolve this issue before christmas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi r16pab,

Thanks for the update and trying all the suggested advice from Nicola, I wonder if disabling the Superhub firewall would change anything.

Did you manage to call in to discuss the possibility of a SuperHub2 upgrade?

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
r16pab
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply, obviously as this is a present, i can only test at certain times. Firstly I have not asked about a super hub 2 as I believe there is a charge to upgrade, and at this don't even know if will fix my issue, and my old super hub works fine, unless there is a compatability issue with ps4. I have tested again this evening in every configuration possible. Firewall off, ports forwarding,dmz, static ip in ps4, dchp reservation in router. And still can only get Nat 2 using wireless. And I still get Nat 2 on wireless with firewall on low, no port forwarding, no dmz. This would be fine in any normal situation where ps4 is sat at the side of router. But where it will be going, very poor wifi will be an issue, hence why it has a wired connection in that room. Please help
0 Kudos
r16pab
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well after messing about for ages, I relised my mother has a super hub 2. So just been up to hers and tried the ps4. And guess what, with firewall on medium setting and nothing else, I get Nat 2 on wired. So it is defintly a super hub 1 fault issue.
0 Kudos
r16pab
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got my new Superhub 2ac Today. Plugged in the Playstation 4 Via Wired, And Nat 2 Instantly. Issue Solved. I am sure this must be a common issue and that Virgin keep it quiet. Anyway after phone call to support, which again was no help ! and they stated it was the ps4 at fault ! lol, not the superhub,  I eventually managed to speak to a Manager on the phone, who to be fair was excellent and understanding, not this pre-written script crap. I finally got there in the end. I would say this forum was a massive help but it wasn't. Nobody was, but i hope it helps others out there with the same issues.

AGAIN VIRGIN MEDIA ONLY LOOKS AFTER NEW CUSTOMERS, NOT LONG STANDING ONES. POOR SHOW

Spoiler

0 Kudos
dialatech
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issues here, I have also tried it on 2 friends superhub 2 and I get a NAT 2 straight away. Soon as I go back to my house booom its back NAT 3

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dialatech

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your PS4 connection.

Can you try putting your PS4 into the DMZ mode in advanced settings, restart and let us know if this changes the NAT type.

Look forward to hearing from you

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos