Menu
Rox598
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Loosing Connection When In Rest Mode

Hey everyone Smiley Happy

Hoping someone can help me.

For some reason my PS4 is having really bad issues with my VM Superhub 2. When I first turn it on it'll take a few seconds to connect but when I put the PS4 into it's rest mode it just completely looses it's connection even worse when I turn the machine on from it's rest mode and it tried to re-connect it'll only partially let me on the PSN with no information loading I actually need to shut the machine completely down and reboot to fix this Smiley Sad

Has anyone had the same issues at all and can help me?

PS4 is hooked up wirelessly as i'm upstairs and signal strength is 70%

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Loosing Connection When In Rest Mode

Hi Rox598,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the PS4 is losing connection in rest mode.  For the purposes of testing, are you able to try a wired connection to see if this still happens?  Using wireless isn't ideal, I'm wondering if the PS4 is struggling to hold onto the wireless connection when in rest mode.

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Rox598
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey there

I managed to get the PS4 to wake from sleep mode and reconnect by reserving its IP address in the DHCP settings but what's weird now is its holding its connection but if I remote try and download something onto it it gets the signal to start downloading but doesn't Smiley Frustrated

And nah I can't try a wired connection ><
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rox598,

Thanks for the update, if you've got something downloading and then put the PS4 into rest mode, does it stop downloading?  Or does it continue?  If the connection is still active but the remote request to download doesn't get a response from the PS4 it might be worth checking with Sony to see if any of the settings need to be altered when the IP address for the console is reserved.

The best bet will still be testing wired if at all possible to do somehow, this will immediately show if the behaviour is caused by wifi or another issue.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Rox598
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kev_B wrote:

Hi Rox598,

Thanks for the update, if you've got something downloading and then put the PS4 into rest mode, does it stop downloading?  Or does it continue?  If the connection is still active but the remote request to download doesn't get a response from the PS4 it might be worth checking with Sony to see if any of the settings need to be altered when the IP address for the console is reserved.

The best bet will still be testing wired if at all possible to do somehow, this will immediately show if the behaviour is caused by wifi or another issue.

Hi sorry for the late reply.

It continues downloading yeah as long as I turn the machine on. I'm not sure what's wrong when it's in rest mode and I send something to the machine to start downloading the Orange light pulses so i know it's got the signal to download but it just doesn't and as soon as I turn the machine on after this it says it's lost connection and re-connects.

This is really puzzling

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rox598,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy appreciate that further info.

I think we need to see how it behaves with a wired connection before going any further.  It may be that the console is struggling to establish a suitable connection from sleep mode to start a download.  If this still happens on a wired connection it would at least narrow things down.

Kev

0 Kudos
Rox598
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

I'm managed to try a wired connection today. Before I tried it however I tried the WiFi in case it was a signal issues but it did the same thing when upclose to the router in wireless mode so its not the signal. 

Tried wired mode and while DL speed was increased by a massive amount it did the same thing got the signal while in rest mode to download but somehow lost the connection straight after that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rox598,

Thanks for trying wired. It's very strange that this is still losing it's connection while in rest. Are there any changes you've made to the PS4 settings? It may be worth asking Sony support in case this is something they've come across before. 

0 Kudos
Rox598
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nope I haven't changed anything since changing ISP it worked flawless on Sky just since I got my VM installed ita started doing it. All the settings in the console are the same and unchanged
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rox598,

Thanks for letting us know. This issue has been playing on my mind a bit so I thought I'd do a little more digging outside of our own network and found quite a few others with similar issues. There's one on the PS4 forum that had an accepted solution so I'd recommend giving that a go.

I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos