Menu
beckh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4 Connection speed (Download) Failed

During the last 2 weeks I cant play a certain game on my PS4 because it cant do the download it needs to. When I do a test internet connection it says Connection speed (Download) Failed. Connection Speed (Upload) 2.6 Mbps.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with my router or PS4 - it was fine 2 weeks ago

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 Connection speed (Download) Failed

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection from the PS4 to the VM hub or a wireless connection?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
beckh
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's wireless
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so I'd recommend trying the PS4 with an Ethernet cable plugged into the hub. It also helps to pinpoint if the issue is just with the wireless or your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have NO problems with WIFI or NAT on my PS4. I get about 20Mbs Download. All works great.

Maybe that's because I use the RT-N66U router on my setup.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos