Menu
TezGregory
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS3 and FIFA 17 - unable to connect to EA servers at all

Hi,

since I have had FIFA 17 I have been unable to get the game to connect to the EA servers at all (I see the EA servers are not available message).

I have tried forwarding the ports, modem mode on the router, putting the IP into the DMZ and nothing works. The PS3 is hard wired to the Super Hub 2. 

I have sent trace data to EA and they have been unable to help.

Anything else I can try? Would a new router plugged into the Super Hub actually make any difference?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS3 and FIFA 17 - unable to connect to EA servers at all

Hey TezGregory,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're unable to play FIFA, I've not experienced someone completely unable to connect to the servers before.

Are you able to play all other games and use other online services via your Play Station?

Please let us know so we can establish if this is a connection issue, or a problem with EA.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TezGregory
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,
I've tested the EA servers with Battlefield 4 and that works fine. Its just FIFA 17 I've never managed to connect to the servers and thats been for months. My son is a bit grumpy about this. Let me know of you need any further info. Any advice/help/guidance gratefully received.
Thanks Terry
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terry

To be honest it does not sound like an issue with your connection or our network especially as you have tried modem only mode. I am surprised EA were unable to advise. What were the traces you sent there, would you be happy to post them for us please?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
TezGregory
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola, the connection started working on Monday. I'm not certain why as i only changed the router settings last week (again) and it didn't work. There was a FIFA update on the ps3 so it may have been that. Either way we are all happy now! Thanks for your response
0 Kudos