Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS2 Component output.

I have made up a Component cable and works fine with my PS3 but unable to get my PS2 to work with it. does anyone on here know how to enable the component output on a Playstation 2?

BTW the PS2 is running FreeMCBoot (Soft Mod).

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS2 Component output.

Follow this link

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link. need to find out an old PS2 AV cable. I know i have one somewhere. at least i know the cable works as it worked on my PS3 and my roxio Game capture was happy with it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speaking of component cables and PS2's (my experience of it.) I have about 3 small PS2's laying about and one of the original 'fat' ones. Even with the output settings adjusted my small PS2's wouldn't work properly with the component output cables I have, the old fat one works fine with the same component cables. Granted they're all the same brand cable and I didn't bother to go to Amazon to order a different make to see if would make any difference or not.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I made my cable out of a few old 3rd party cables. (original PS2 cables don't have all the pins) the PS2 I and using is a Phat. I also have a slim but its missing its power button (Plastic bit) and it's sat in a draw but also it will not run the FreeMCBoot exploit.

Going to find out (i know i have 2 or 3) AV Cables and change the setting on my phat ps2. If i get it working I am going to do Game Play Videos for Final Fantasy 12 and 7 DoC.

My next project is to hack the Nintendo Wii and PSP i brought the other day. 

0 Kudos