Menu
BionicMatt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Overwatch is unplayable

Every match of overwatch I play I am disconnected as many as 3 times.

Either that happens, or the lag reaches 2000ms+ for several seconds.

ScreenShot_16-08-06_15-49-27-000.jpgScreenShot_16-08-06_15-38-00-000.jpgScreenShot_16-05-29_23-05-40-000.jpg

I am using a Superhub 3, connected via ethernet.

How can I fix this, or do I need to switch provider. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Overwatch is unplayable

Hi there BionicMatt,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues experienced.

I have located your account and I can see that there is currently a high demand for our service in your area which has been raised under the fault ticket reference of F004613481, with a review date set for 28/09/2016.

I've added your details to the fault so that we know you're affected too. Another team member will be in contact as soon as possible via private message to discuss further.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
gadjie
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting this too, have raised a ticket with Virgin, they said they would look into it within 2 days. It's not been almost 2 weeks and with frequent calls to them they're still not on it. I suggest phoning support and raising it too, if enough people complain then maybe something will happen.

TommyCockles85
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been having rubber banding issues as well and after doing a variety of problem solves of my own (restarts, re-installs, port forwarding, settings changes, permissions) I have no idea how to fix the problem. 

welshcookie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this problem on WoW for 2 months now, can't stay logged on for longer than 5 mins.  But everyone in the house experiences a connection drop at least once an hour and forget even trying Wi-Fi.  I changed providers because of promise of better broadband as we all game in this house...but we have been way worse off from day one!

TommyCockles85
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yeah I also have spikes in WoW. my streaming and download speed are solid, though. I never have issues with any streaming services.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there BionicMatt,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues experienced.

I have located your account and I can see that there is currently a high demand for our service in your area which has been raised under the fault ticket reference of F004613481, with a review date set for 28/09/2016.

I've added your details to the fault so that we know you're affected too. Another team member will be in contact as soon as possible via private message to discuss further.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

KrispArcade
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I am also having this issue. It gets really annoying when trying to play Competitive and I also have to restart discord because it disconnects me from that too. Any help?

msepthaelre
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

this is a joke, if you call em they only care about download speed, once a guy ''helped'' me solve this problem, he limited my speed to 50mbit for few days, i had no problems with 50, as soon as it went back to 100mbit the problem started again, others on customer support/technical support are a fking joke, I ASK them to limit my speed to 50 and they reboot it and ask me to check the speed and if its 100mbit then its solved for them....I seriously cant believe that noone in there has an idea about how games work and what our problem is...a joke virgin media, really this is why I wont recommend you to anyone....

edit: its been going on for a while and if this guy on support knew what the problem is, why dont you? i mean someone must have told him, why dont you FIX THIS ALREADY, really didnt expect this from virgin....imho its the super hub problem.

Bennyboi
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem! I will playing a game and get lag, and get kicked. Sometimes I don't even get lag and just kicked completely out of nowhere. My rank has taken a beating because of this and I have Been suspended from overwatch competitive to the point of just receiving an 8hr suspension. I permanent ban seems on the cards soon if this isn't sorted.

I am connected directly to he router via Ethernet and the problem still persists. This only seems to be a problem for users of Virgin Broadband. Please do get back tonne as I'm pulling my hair out.
Cheers
WormitTheDog
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same is happening to me. It's a joke. We're looking to switch ISPs as Virgin seem like they don't care much. Smiley Sad Such a shame.