Menu
giddygoons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Overwatch PC Europe frequent disconnecting "LOST CONNECTION TO GAME SERVER"

Upgraded to Hub 3.0 on 18/06/2016. Ever since, I have been experiencing connection issues with Overwatch. The Europe servers, since the US and Asia servers are too laggy. At random intervals while playing Overwatch, I am booted from the server to the LOST CONNECTION TO GAME SERVER screen. Lag spikes are rare. I have a consistent ping, ~40. I can provide a video of the issue upon request.

Here is a Google Doc with all the information in detail: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yuMKo_dVW3UJkVULFxmtD9jNzJAUZkyBM4i0YVoSzSo/edit?usp=sharing

Please help, everyone I've asked about it has suggested my ISP are causing the issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overwatch PC Europe frequent disconnecting "LOST CONNECTION TO GAME SERVER"

giddygoons wrote:

Please help, everyone I've asked about it has suggested my ISP are causing the issue.

With the greatest of respect, not EVERYONE you have asked about it has suggested its your ISP at fault. Blizzard have told you

"If you look at your Traceroute you can see at step 6 It is VirginMedia which is your ISP. They then pass the information on to zayo.com who for some reason send your data to the US before they bring it back to the EU and pass it to Telia and then it goes on to our servers.

This means the fault is not with your ISP or with ours. We have contacted this company though and are working with them to try and resolve the issue."

Which is pretty unusual for them, they usually just tell you it is your ISP when it is not.

giddygoons
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Noted, thanks for pointing that out for me. If I could edit my original message I would.

0 Kudos
giddygoons
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pathping and WinMTR tests show 3 hops with no response. Also, the tests I have ran on Looking Glass show 100% packet loss. I've confirgured the Hub 3 ports as recommended for Overwatch on this page to no avail.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A lot of VM's network architecture is configured to discard pings. SO its perfectly normal to see hops timed out within VM's network.

giddygoons
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is it likely that is causing the disconnections?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nope. ICMP is the protocol that ping uses and its ONLY that protocol that's affected. UDP and HTTP get routed normally

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting to the HUB?

Whats a speed test saying?

Do you experience any other symptoms (web pages slow to load, or difficulty streaming etc)?

0 Kudos
giddygoons
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All details are in the google doc

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You really need zip.zayo to fix their issues and see what impact that has.

Most of the latency is from their network. I suspect the disconnects are a result. I dont have any faith in visual traceroute either, if they routing stateside and back you would have higher latency that you are seeing. AT a guess an IP block has been re-assigned and the geo location is off for it.

0 Kudos