Menu
iTz_Mattyyy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Opening Ports for Xbox One

I have been told that some ports need opening as I keep disconnecting from Xbox online.

I have tried doing it my self before but to no avail. Could someone guide me on how to do it? Or someone from Virgin open them properly for me.

Thanks
Matthew
0 Kudos
monk_3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Opening Ports for Xbox One

I have just done this myself and hopefully it all works well. I signed into my super hub and went to advanced settings, in security you should find your port forwarding option. you will also need your Xbox IP address, this I found in the console settings

After opening this you will see options to change the ports, in name I just used xbox1 and increased the number for each port I was tinkering with, type in the port number you want to alter, and this is where I wasn't sure so I typed in the same number for the end.

start port for example was 88, end was the same, underneath in protocol I altered the setting to UDP or/and TCP as suggested on another post, with all information complete it was save and repeat for the next port.

As I said I can't be sure that this is correct but hopefully will tell when gaming later, had to try something

0 Kudos
iTz_Mattyyy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that's exactly what I had done before. It seemed to work for a little while then the problem occoured again and something about my NAT being behind a Cone? Or something is really bad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having difficulty opening ports for Xbox One.

I'm not a gamer myself so only have limited experience with this. I've done a quick Google search and found someone has explained it on Xbox Forums here. For further help with port forwarding then see here.

This thread would be better suited in our Gaming board here. I've gone ahead and moved it there. Someone there would definitely be able to assist you.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos