Menu
Benjiprice88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Online lag slow speeds

Had the new virgin vivid 200 mbps broadband fir two months and for all the time I have had it so far online gaming is unplayable fifa 16 fut online is impossible really annoying I seem to be getting nowhere near the speeds I should be very rare it's over 60mbps any help would be nice
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Benjiprice88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Online lag slow speeds

I am using a wired connection and it has been the same on ever game I have tried to play online and it has only happens when I changed to virgin media I had lower speeds on bt and it worked fine
0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Benjiprice88,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering issues with FIFA 16 on your connection.  It seems odd that it would be unplayable even with the connection speed being lower than expected.  I've run some initial checks on your connection, the hub itself is testing OK, although the network segment is showing some peak time issues.

Our engineers are currently planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area.  The reference for this work is F004329338 and the current review date is 31/08/2016.  When this issue is resolved, you'll notice that your speeds (especially during peak times) return to normal.  I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with a bit more info about this, including details on how to claim a loss of service credit.

Could you let us know if you're suffering issues with any games other than FIFA?  Also whether you're using a wired or wireless connection?  Despite the area issue, online games should still be playable with the speeds you're getting.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Benjiprice88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am using a wired connection and it has been the same on ever game I have tried to play online and it has only happens when I changed to virgin media I had lower speeds on bt and it worked fine
0 Kudos