Menu
t_jam68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Online games unplayable due to lag

I have been getting severe lag spikes when playing any multiplayer games like titanfall 2 since monday 6th march. In black desert online the game lags then I get server kicked so this is also unplayable. Every game with online multiplayer i have tested has the same lag spikes

I have a BQM from thinkbroadband.com which i have linked below and as can be seen there is a lot of packet loss spikes which also causes artifacting when watching Netflix.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/c2b28055742c99ea06fd0fc6c931ef2d-09-03-2017.html

Any information of cause as its not the router which i have changed to check if it was that, also the pc is connected directly to the router not wifi.

TheDooNIT
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online games unplayable due to lag

This needs fixing asap. My connection is normally spot on in fairness but its been spiking all over the place for the past week. Every 20/30 seconds it drops and you're rubber banding all over the place.
adamneaves
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online games unplayable due to lag

I think it's safe to say that it is a Virgin problem their end but when they will solve it no one knows.

I've been having the same problem. I'm on the 50mg package and whilst my download and upload speeds are fine, online gaming is literally impossible.. Getting delay every few seconds for like a second or so.

So annoying. Sort it out VM