Menu
emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Online Gaming Disconnects

Hey, 

So are we any closer to a fix for this? It is getting incredibly frustrating. Disconnects can be 10 minutes apart, or 30 seconds. At times I have given up playing altogether.

My Virgin line costs £40 a month, WoW is another £8.99. Almost £50 a month for unusable services.

I am looking into making a formal complaint now, as this has been going on for long enough, we have given a perfectly reasonable amount of time for this to be fixed. It would be nice if we were even being kept up to date with the status of the issue, but we're not even given this courtesy. If I'm honest, VM's customer service has been shockingly bad. I had an online chat conversation with a guy who refused to acknowledge it was a VM issue and constantly tried to fob me off. I can't even get onto online chat anymore, as 'all of our agents are now busy'. 

Please can someone just let us know what's going on, when it's going to be fixed, or if I need to move  providers. Plusnet are looking a good choice.

Em

emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online Gaming Disconnects

Managed to get a guy on the online chat to ask him about a fix time:

Mark:At the moment we do not have any information about this. We will still be trying to get information and investigating this. Unfortunately we do not know how long this will go on for.

Ladies and gentlemen, VM's customer service.

0/10 would not recommend

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've sent a complaint about the issue myself. Will see what happens.

**Removed inappropriate content, please see the [Guidelines] for more information**

emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link, I have just submitted mine!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi emma_tb

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with online gaming. We are still investigating and hope to see a solution to this shortly.

Many thanks for your patience while this is being looked into.As soon as we have further information we will let everyone on the community know asap. 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
emma_tb
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ty_S,

Thank you for your reply. I guess it's taking a while to get through all these posts so I appreciate it.

I spoke to customer services earlier and got a really helpful guy who has arranged to have a replacement router sent out because apparently the 2ac has avoided the disconnection issues. I was really grateful for the positive response as my previous experience with them had left me quite frustrated. I'm crossing my fingers it will arrive next week and I can continue with my service, which up until now had been top notch :-)
0 Kudos