Menu
delta_spencer
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New to VM (SH 3.0), xbox one problems

Hi there, im new to virgin media having just set up all the kit yesterday.

Im having a problem with my xbox one connecting to xbox live, whenever i try to connect to the superhub 3.0 i get an error message saying...

“Cannot connect to your dhcp server”

All other devices in the house have no problems (phones, tablets, laptops etc), ive tried googling for an answer but they all seem to point to the following page...

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=53740&CURRENT_...

Where it asks you to "Tick the IP Sec Pass-Through box." in the security-firewall settings of the router, ive been into the router settings and there isnt a tick box for the above.

Can anyone shed some light on how i can connect my xbox one to xbox live.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to VM (SH 3.0), xbox one problems

Hi delta_spencer

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having connecting the Xbox up to the new hub. Is it connecting wired or wireless? Are you choosing the automatic set up method?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
delta_spencer
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tried both, and using auto method.

I managed to get it working though by disabling the firewall in the router.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are issues with uPnP that are going to be fixed soon once there is a new firmware. My Xbox One and 360 both work fine with default settings on the test firmware.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos