Menu
adrparker
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New gamer200 router

Hi

had new gamer200 router fitted but since then a hard wire to a hub which I run my desktop and Cctv from does not get internet. I have the yellow triangle of dome. Also Apple TV won't connect to the wifi.virgin don't seem to want to help

anyideas

0 Kudos
CaptainMcScrump
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New gamer200 router

Hi ardparker

Have you moved to the 200meg internet package and now have the super hub 3 installed?

Cheers

CS
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi adrparker,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having issues with connecting devices to the router.

When connecting to the router through Ethernet, do you get the same issue on all ports? 

On the Apple TV, does it find the wireless network? If so, will it allow you to enter the password or does it give an error message?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
adrparker
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HISam

For the apple TV, Virgin split my router into 2g and 5g so now it can see the router, however after submitting the password it still won't connect

thanks

adr

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey adr,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Apologies again for the connection problems you're having. I know you've probably thought about this, but are you positive that you're entering the password in the correct case? Our passwords are case sensitive so it's important that it's correct. Are you Ethernet connections working now?

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
adrparker
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply

I have called Virgin 4 times to fix the issues, I even bought a new switch for my CCTV at £130 but no difference.

I have been informed from one member of your team that the hub 3 has a firmware issue! and so this will be my and I guess many other peoples issue. I requested I go back to the hub 2 and Virgin sent me another hub3?? so now Im waiting for the hub 2.

In answer to your question, yes the password is correct and tried many many times. Hard wire will not allow my CCTV cameras to be seen. Wifi will not allow Apple TV to connect.

extremely disappointed by Virgin, customer for over 20 years and nobody seems to know of this issue, or will try to fix my problems. Promises of calling me back which never happened.

Cheers

adr

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey adr,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

There are some problems with the Hub's firmware which is being looked into, but in most cases we can work around the problems by configuring the Hub. Have you had your Superhub 2 yet?

Let me know if it doesn't arrive soon and I'll chase it up.

Thanks,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
adrparker
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI

Been told by Virgin I can't have a hub 2 as I have a tivo 6 which was installed at the same time. Wish Virgin would make firmware issues known as I wouldn't have had the package.
Virgin put me onto the gadget support at a cost to me but they spent 2 hours just looking at my setting and didn't change one thing.

So so so disappointed. now paying for a router that doesn't deliver and Virgin don't want to know.

I tried to speak with a manager to get some sort of an answer after 70 mins on the phone and being transferred 5 times only to be given back to the first who referred me to gadget support!!!!

Had enough, on the verge of having Virgin ripped out and go with a competitor.

Regards

ADR

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

adrparker wrote:

HI

Been told by Virgin I can't have a hub 2 as I have a tivo 6 which was installed at the same time. Wish Virgin would make firmware issues known as I wouldn't have had the package.
Virgin put me onto the gadget support at a cost to me but they spent 2 hours just looking at my setting and didn't change one thing.

So so so disappointed. now paying for a router that doesn't deliver and Virgin don't want to know.

I tried to speak with a manager to get some sort of an answer after 70 mins on the phone and being transferred 5 times only to be given back to the first who referred me to gadget support!!!!

Had enough, on the verge of having Virgin ripped out and go with a competitor.

Regards

ADR

Stupid question, but i assume you have correctly power cycled all the networking gear and powered it on in the correct order, start with the router, then anything that connects directly so on and so forth, there shouldn't be any wired issues assuming the correct IP ranges have been set on any hubs/switches you have added, did any of them come with any management software, you can also compare the IP's by connecting a PC/Laptop to the hub/switch and then opening a command prompt and then type in ipconfig which will display the IP range currently assigned to that machine, so the same with something connected directly to the SH3, it will be something along the lines of 192.168.x.y the x should be identical on devices connected to the SH3 and the hub/switch you added.

0 Kudos
adrparker
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying
Yes all connections have been placed in a staged way, (several times) The router was split to 2 & 5g so I could connected my apple TV which now is ok.

however my wifi printer can not even see the Hub 3

I have CCTV system around my property which was working fine and when I received the Hub 3 I connected my CCTV company and they struggled to get the hub3 to allow remote viewing and despite several attempts to set the router up it never seems to want to hold the information etc.

Very frustrating

Looking at the web it seems the Hub3 has several people in a lot of annoyance with Virgin.

0 Kudos