Menu
als1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer, installation less than 24 hours and, the problems have already started

Hi,

Our Virgin package was installed less than 24 hours ago, I have already spent the best part of 45 minutes between 10.30pm last night and 9.00 am this morning in an effort to try and get our internet working. When I spoke with someone last night apparently we had to activate our internet, which I did, and then informed it would take 2 hours for internet to work. Still no internet this morning, I was then informed that there was an engineer schedule for 10.10 am this morning as there was an activation error, no engineer seen or heard and still no internet. Please can you provide me with the details of where I can lodge a complaint and look into cancelling the services, as if this is the level of service offered, and you mean to go on with this level of disgraceful service, I may aswell go back to Sky.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, installation less than 24 hours and, the problems have already started

Hi als1983

Thanks for joining us and for letting us know about the issues you had with the activations process Smiley Sad

I am sorry to hear this has caused you any inconvenience.

I can see you have spoken to our Webchat team and also our teams on the phone and they were working to resolve this for you on the 15th when you spoke to them.

Can you let us know if this is all up and running for you now?

Keep us posted and we'll do what we can to support you if you need anything else from us.

Thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
als1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer, installation less than 24 hours and, the problems have already started

Hi Karen,

Our broadband is still not working.

Considering I am a new customer, I am very disappointed to be told that I would need to wait until 23 December for an engineer to come out.

After further phone calls I have managed to gain an earlier appointment on 22 December 2016.

On an additional note when I spoke with customer services and confirmed that I shall not be paying for broadband services not rendered between installation and the engineer's visit, the amount deducted from my first bill was insulting, given I am expected to pay an installation fee of £15.00 for a service which in my option has not been completed. Please can you look into this whether it is correct or not. I have had to pay £25.00 to another provider to obtain internet for 7 days so I could continue to work from home.

If this broadband issue cannot be rectified on 22 Decemver, as I work from home 3 days a week, this is causing a great inconvenience, could you provide me with options off cancelling Virgin?

Many thanks Amy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amy

Thanks for getting back to us about this. My apologies about the delay in getting back to you. We really are rather busy since Christmas and we are doing our best to catch up.

It looks like since the tech came out in Dec everything is running as it should for you. I appreciate you have paid for alternative internet to help you work from home during the time your residential service was offline, but we only cover services loss credits for the amount you would have been charged during that time. Business credits would be applied if you had a business account with us and if you feel this is best for you then please chat to the teams on 150 and they can discuss this as an option with you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with for you.

Karen

Virgin Media Forum Team

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos