Menu
predetor11
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

New PS4 Pro + GAMER 200 package = disappointing speeds

Not a happy Customer

I have just upgraded my Virgin package to the gamer 200 to help with game lag on my PS4 Pro and get a better upload and reduce lag, speeds are apparently upto 20 Mbps

I cant get any more than 6-7 Mbps and only upto 60 Mbps upload

I am connected by Cat 6 Lan cable and no other devices connected only my PS4 pro 

I have got the Samsung KS9000 TV with very low input lag in game mode only 20ms

I was getting these speeds when I was on my vivid 100 connection

after being on the phone with Technical for over and hour and Virgin making changes their end nothing helped, and they wanted me to borrow a laptop to run a speed test in my house?

I don't use a laptop in my house and don't care what it will say? I purchased this package to improve my speeds on my PS4 Pro and nothing else,

Very Very disappointed customer may as well switch back to sky fibre and get the same speeds.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New PS4 Pro + GAMER 200 package = disappointing speeds

deviousiphone wrote:
Yeh you would never hit 200mbps with the PS4 network, I'm usually lucky to hit 50mbps, its not as good as Xbox live, and even that won't hit 200mbps, I usually average around 120mbps when downloading games etc, but PS4 was always half of what I could hit with xbox

Heres mine ..

IMAG0288

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The gamer tier does NOT change latency at all.

It uncaps your upload so its great for streaming. But if you are vanilla gaming (no streaming involved) you'd be better reverting as the extra speed wont benefit you.  It will only ever download a fast as PSN will allow, which is WAY below your original tier.

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yeh you would never hit 200mbps with the PS4 network, I'm usually lucky to hit 50mbps, its not as good as Xbox live, and even that won't hit 200mbps, I usually average around 120mbps when downloading games etc, but PS4 was always half of what I could hit with xbox
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Moved:

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Omar7733 wrote:

Virgin Media are lying to their customers make sure you contact their complaints team on the chat and complain about this. 

http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

and go to "Something else" >>> "Making a complaint broadband, TV and home phone services" and ask for  he is the complaints manager.

Yeesss..Omar, any chance you could follow the forum guidelines about posting personal information?

0 Kudos
predetor11
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well I didn't see it in time so I don't have a name (shame)

If this is the case I should have not been upsold to this package

I rang up to cancel my subscription when I was on the 100 with the same sort of issues and was told that upgrading to gamer 200 would sort out my problems?

Maybe some training is needed with advisors when giving out information

Naughty if upgrading from my original package is going to make no difference at all which which it hasn't and that's what I was trying to achieve in the first place
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

more upload doesn't guarantee better gaming.before i was with vm i had PLUSNET my download was 10 mbps my upload was usually between 0.9 and 1mbps (copper wire) all battlefield games ran very smooth.the move to vm was a bad choice.the line needs to be stable.my upload with vm is 6.11 mbps my 1mbps line kicked ass.in my opinion all vm broadband is good for is browsing the internet or looking at email.

0 Kudos
DJRenegade
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

predetor11, this is EXACTLY what they did to me, its utter bull as I am now stuck in a contract I do not want. The customer support is terrible, nobody wants to help. I have sent a letter to OFCOM and hope to have this resolved. I am also looking at ways to get a refund on what I have paid so far because if I wasnt sold this contract (which I was told would solve all my issues) and was allowed to switch ISP without risk of a large bill then I would have done so already. Dont expect help from the forum staff either, they havent replied to any of my posts on this issue.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

When will people learn to search the forums before posting rants.

All this has been posted before, The superhub is useless for gaming, has been for years, and will be for the future.
Its just does not have the computing power to do the job. Its ok for web surfing. But gaming needs more CPU power.

The SH3 has known firmware and chipset issues.

The PSN back end is shocking and slow. That's Sony Problems not VM.

My best advice, and I keep saying it, is to put your SH into Modem mode, and get your own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

RedGooner wrote:

When will people learn to search the forums before posting rants.

All this has been posted before, The superhub is useless for gaming, has been for years, and will be for the future.
Its just does not have the computing power to do the job. Its ok for web surfing. But gaming needs more CPU power.

The SH3 has known firmware and chipset issues.

The PSN back end is shocking and slow. That's Sony Problems not VM.

My best advice, and I keep saying it, is to put your SH into Modem mode, and get your own router.

Good advice but as VM foist the HUB3 on gamers when they upgrade, no additional router will make latency much better- PUMA problem exists in modem mode too. Smiley Sad

Downgrade to SH2AC and THEN get your own router.

0 Kudos