Menu
KEEPCARLM
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Network Lag Detected (on Player Unknowns Battlegrounds)

Good Morning all.

I'm currently having an issue with my broadband. It appears to work okay during normal usage, however when I've tried to play PUBG, I get a message fairly frequently pop up saying Network Lag Detected.

This happens both on my PC and on my partners PC when we're in the same game, which would make sense as both PCs are connected to the same router via ethernet.

This has started to occur for a few days now, previously it worked perfectly fine and it may just be in my head but I think the issue gets worse around 9pm. It doesn't knock me out of the game completely, it feels as if the internet latency is spiking or cutting out for half a second or so.  So my character in game will freeze for a second and then teleport a few metres.

I tried to restart my router (Superhub 3.0) and this didn't fix the issue.

Any ideas on what could cause this? I have a feeling my superhub is dying.

It wasn't that long ago my broadband was cutting out frequently for hours at a time and that was fixed fairly swiftly by an engineer. At the moment, this issue is not at that level but I hope it doesn't escalate to that.

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network Lag Detected (on Player Unknowns Battlegrounds)

Network Lag Detected i think is server side of PUBG not VM, as i play with 3 others, all on diff ISP's we get it as well.

0 Kudos
KEEPCARLM
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

We played a squad game. Me and GF got it (both on same network) and 2 others in squad didn't get it (live in completely different towns)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi KEEPCARLM, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear about the lag you have experienced while playing online. 

I have taken a look and I can see some FECS (noise on the line) which can cause lag. I have popped this through to Networks and will let you know as soon as I know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi StormW4tch3r, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also been having trouble. 

I have taken a look and I can see the cable SNR on your connection is quite low which can cause lag. 

I have also referred this to networks and will let you know once I know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi KEEPCARLM,

I have just had word back from networks and a fault has been raised ref F005689893 for FECS. The current review date is 25/10/2017. 

I will keep an eye on this and let you know as soon as I know more. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
DM39
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

if you play on EU server, than its VM fault.

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Emma_E you said my SNR low? but i don't see it being low in router stats page, the level it's at has always been like that, But i don't see that being an issue for me, as i don't get any lag in any other game..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi StormW4tch3r, 

Many thanks for getting back to me, networks have not yet come back to me on this but if you are happy then I won't push it further. 

If networks do come back to me and raise a fault ticket on this then you usually won't notice any change to your general connection. 

I can see your modem SNR is quite low though so do let me know if you notice any changes and if necessary we can arrange an engineer. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
parnasux
Joining in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here in Stockton on Tees, Kensington Road. PUBG is my favorite game I can't play it cos network lag detection freeze the game.

0 Kudos