Menu
Gamerjohn
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need help asap

Hi all I've been a vim customer for a number of years now and over the past few days I've had probably the slowest connection is ever encountered I ran multiple speed test sites and Evan a speed test on my Xbox one Smiley Wink and the verdict is I'm getting what seems to be a maximum download speed of around 15 Mbps which isn't adaquet when playing online especially at peak times when I use the Internet the most for online gaming and I know the speed test sites aren't the best way to test a connection but it seems I'm averaging a download speed of around 1.6mbps which is a joke really as I'm paying for what my bill says is vivid 100 optical fibre whatever that means I don't know but I know I'd like some help 

all the best 

gamerjohn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need help asap

Hi Gamerjohn,

Sorry to hear you're getting slow speeds. I've just checked your connection from here and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy.

How are you connected to the hub? Wired or wireless? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gamerjohn
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh that's good then I'm connected wirelessly to my super hub  1 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gamerjohn

Thanks for confirming that for us. Is there any difference with your speed test results if you are connected over ethernet?

Kind regards  

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gamerjohn
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I don't have a pc it's just an Xbox one and a few mobile phones connected so Ethernet isn't possible ;( 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gamerjohn,

It'll be quite difficult to get an accurate reading of your speed if you're only able to test wirelessly. I would strongly recommend getting your xbox cabled in if possible as wireless is a very unstable medium that is affected by a great many factors entirely outside our control. 

If wired isn't an option you can try improving your wireless signal by changing wireless channels to see which works best in your wireless environment.

0 Kudos
Gamerjohn
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks very much I will defiantly give it ago but I have noticed I'm only getting a really bad connection at peak times (around 16:30 onwards) which is understandable given peak times but I've never experienced it this badly , tonight I'm lucky to Even load this page :/ so would it be worth upgrading to 200mbs 

many thanks 

all the best 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not necessarily Gamerjohn,

If it's mainly at peak times it points to the issue being caused by heavy use in the area. As the contention on the line looks fine it could be wireless congestion. Where there are a lot more devices using the wireless in the evening and taking up a lot of the available bandwidth. Have you tried changing wireless channels at all?

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you don't need a computer to check a wired connection.

just move your xbox closer test the wired connection (speed test) through the xbox.

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1e8bSs3
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1dCNLm0
xBox Support: http://bit.ly/1lE2QrK
Xbox One operating system versions and system updates: http://bit.ly/1NiJS1j

www.twitch.tv/familycreations

0 Kudos