Menu
avp920
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nat on moderate

Hi I'm new here.

Got xbox 1 seen that it is on nat moderate should this not be open as I am having probs with some games and speed, if so how do I change it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nat on moderate

Hi avp920

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear that your Xbox NAT type is affecting you when playing online. Is your Xbox connected wired or wireless? You can try opening ports for Xbox live or putting your Xbox IP address into the DMZ in the hub's advanced settings which should hopefully give you an open NAT type. Let us know how you get on.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
avp920
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ty, I am wired. I have tried the dmz and now I'm switched to strict, but I did try modem mode and that worked but then everyone moaned in the house that the wifi was down so that lasted 10 mns.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi avp920

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy Good to hear that modem mode worked but yeah I can imagine people weren't to pleased if they were using the wifi at the time! Putting the Xbox into the DMZ shouldn't change the NAT to strict. I'd recommend rebooting the Xbox once you've done this and disabling the "instant on" option in the Xbox settings.

Let me know if this works.

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos