Menu
Proby10
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nat Type strick

My son has Nat Type strick on his xbox one. I have done all port opens and reset and even got wired as the wi fi went a couple of weeks ago on his xbox and could not get it working so we thought this would be better but now nat type is strick is it a router problem

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nat Type strick

nope just reboot them both at the same time to open it up a little bit more i did not change anything with my ps4 its not even on strick

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are some good tutorials on YouTube which may be more beneficial and explains the difference between Open, Moderate and Strict NAT types.

Ideally you want the service called UPnP (universal plug and play) to handle port forwarding, when this is working as it should all outgoing port requests are handle automatically.

0 Kudos
Proby10
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but i have the super hub 2a will this be the same have open all ports but notice yesterday the ip address on the xbox different to the ip address on the port info so change them so then check on the xbox and the ip address had change again it only the last number is this right ?

0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

With the 2ac it will be very similar, when using port forwarding you should make sure that you configure DHCP to reserve the IP address assigned to your XB1.

That should show you how to configure static addressing via DHCP reservation which is needed for port forwarding to work.

0 Kudos