Menu
davie18
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NAT type ALWAYS strict on xbox live - help much appreciated.

My nat type has always been strict and it has caused so many issues and makes it almost impossible to chat over xbox live to my friends at times. 

Does anyone have a simple to follow guide on how to get the NAT type to be open? I'm not great with networks and stuff so I would need a step by step guide. Any help will be greatly appreciated, all I wanted to do now was just play some halo with my friend but after messing around with settings after reading guides for 1.5 hours I've failed to make any improvement. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: NAT type ALWAYS strict on xbox live - help much appreciated.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/157383.aspx

Provides information on what ports to open.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
soundfader
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi there I'm plagued by the strict nat problem on my xbox one please help. I have superhub 2 and 50mb connection, upnp enabled, all xbox ports forwarded, dmz active for xbox ip address, when I open up the advanced screen it says my network is behind a port symmetric nat, I have tried, rebooting,resetting, everything and still end up with a strict nat, is this a hub issue, please help I'm getting so frustrated and close to switching providers....

0 Kudos
soundfader
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi there I'm plagued by the strict nat problem on my xbox one please help. I have superhub 2 and 50mb connection, upnp enabled, all xbox ports forwarded, dmz active for xbox ip address, when I open up the advanced screen it says my network is behind a port symmetric nat, I have tried, rebooting,resetting, everything and still end up with a strict nat, is this a hub issue, please help I'm getting so frustrated and close to switching providers....
0 Kudos
soundfader
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
soundfader
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi there I'm plagued by the strict nat problem on my xbox one please help. I have superhub 2 and 50mb connection, upnp enabled, all xbox ports forwarded, dmz active for xbox ip address, when I open up the advanced screen it says my network is behind a port symmetric nat, I have tried, rebooting,resetting, everything and still end up with a strict nat, is this a hub issue, please help I'm getting so frustrated and close to switching providers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi soundfader

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Xbox one nat type.

Have you tried enabling energy saving mode on your Xbox? This has also been reported to open the nat type.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sonydan2k13
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Right i am going to run this with as much information as possiable.

The only way this issue is going to be resolved properly is for virgin media to update there Upnp because this is where the fault lay's i have had to put mine into modem mode and added a tp-link to solve a issue with the nat

When you have 2 console connected up to the hub you get this issue aswell.

So my question is why is the hub not capable of distinguishing between 2 console's.

or they need to enable IPV 6 so it make the nat obsoleted

But my experience with virgin is that all they care about is that you can get on with a laptop or pc it should not be like this in these day's we live in a gaming industry.

We don't have speed issue's just the equipment not man enough to deal with hardcore gaming.
0 Kudos