Menu
csta
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moderate/Strict NAT Type for all applications and games...Virgin Media Hub 3 causing issues...

Moderate/Strict NAT Type for all applications and games...Virgin Media Hub 3 causing issues...

I've been now using the Newly released Virgin Media Hub 3 for just over a week now and so far its okay apart from the fact most of my games now have Moderate/Strict NAT also even have PLEX having connection issues because it cant gain access to my home server...

Also just noticed my Xbox One has a Strict NAT...this is with almost everything in my home...i have some form of Strict NAT...**bleep** is causing this crap!!!???

PLEX and Treyarch have told me if my router supports DMZ i was to enable that and route it to my IP address for my Desktop PC and well so far that did the trick in fixing the connection issues with PLEX and even helped COD Black Ops III go from Moderate NAT to a Open NAT...But i've just seen Treyarch release a update to Back Ops III and now my NAT is back to Moderate even with DMZ enabled...seriously this is pathetic the rouble am having with this new router...is there a way to properly have all games run with open NAT on this router...and why the hell do i require to have to forward and open ports...i've never in my life had to previously with any other router had to go through any trouble like this and i've previously switched from the VM Superhub 2 ac which was a close to flawless router...

I hope someone here on the forums can shed some light in how i can either successfully open the correct ports required or help me somehow get this router working as intended...kind regards and look forward to hearing back from you all soon.

0 Kudos
boyci3
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moderate/Strict NAT Type for all applications and games...Virgin Media Hub 3 causing issues...

Hi there, I know the feeling!

Watch my video on Youtube to fix the problem.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhQVvKNAdAI

hope it works Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moderate/Strict NAT Type for all applications and games...Virgin Media Hub 3 causing issues...

csta wrote:

I've been now using the Newly released Virgin Media Hub 3 for just over a week now and so far its okay apart from the fact most of my games now have Moderate/Strict NAT also even have PLEX having connection issues because it cant gain access to my home server... 

Also just noticed my Xbox One has a Strict NAT...this is with almost everything in my home...i have some form of Strict NAT...**bleep** is causing this crap!!!???

These problems are due to known issues with UPnP/NAT in the firmware version you have 9.1.88J5.

They have been fixed in the trial firmware 9.1.88T, which is currently being released to regular users on an area-by-area basis. You shouldn't have to wait too long.

PLEX and Treyarch have told me if my router supports DMZ i was to enable that and route it to my IP address for my Desktop PC and well so far that did the trick in fixing the connection issues with PLEX and even helped COD Black Ops III go from Moderate NAT to a Open NAT...But i've just seen Treyarch release a update to Back Ops III and now my NAT is back to Moderate even with DMZ enabled...seriously this is pathetic the rouble am having with this new router...is there a way to properly have all games run with open NAT on this router...and why the hell do i require to have to forward and open ports...i've never in my life had to previously with any other router had to go through any trouble like this and i've previously switched from the VM Superhub 2 ac which was a close to flawless router...

I hope someone here on the forums can shed some light in how i can either successfully open the correct ports required or help me somehow get this router working as intended...kind regards and look forward to hearing back from you all soon.

Wait for the new firmware 9.1.88T. UPnP normally sorts all this device connectivity stuff out for you.

0 Kudos