Menu
pspmania
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moderate NAT on router model VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM

Hello,

I just got VM and I have the last model from Arris HUB 3 (VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM) and I've been trying to open ports for my XBOX One since it's stuck on NAT Moderate (I want it open). I can't seem to figure it out. This is what I've tried:

Made my console's ip static so that I don't have to input the ever-changing ip and logged in my router and went to Security>Portforwarding (didn't change DHCP, is this the problem? If, so can you please help?).

Here's the issue: There are local ports and external ports in this router. I've been trying to play rocket league and their ports are 7000-9000 UDP. These values work for Local ports but not for external ports (what should I input for external ports??) and I can't seem to name the rule which would help in the future but that's not a big deal.

Tried portforward. com but they don't have my router model Smiley Sad

Thanks!

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moderate NAT on router model VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM

You shouldn't need to do Port forwarding for rocket league unless its a type of NAT-Traversal where by the hub 3 is being troublesome and you needing to port forward but there are different types of NAT-Traversal that are badly done in that its a firewall nightmare and that port forward wouldn't work that you have to use DMZ.

Also hub 3 is trouble as it is so try DMZ and if all else fails use modem mode and get your own router setup.

pspmania
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer. Are we sure DCHP doesn't have anything to do with this? What is "all else" in this case other than modem mode?

Not really sure I get that, you're saying to go into modem mode which I guess will require me to get another router (I have one but its from BT and I'm not sure if it will handle 200mps? Not a techy guy, bear with me) and that should solve the problem?

If I connect the console with an Ethernet cable instead of wifi do you thing it will fix it? 

Sorry for my noobnees Smiley Wink but I'm really struggling... WIfi on computer works flawlessly

0 Kudos
pspmania
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fixed the problem! I know this might seem odd but if you put your Xbox in power saving mode (Takes a bit longer to start up when you power it on) it makes the NAT open!! 

blackslaine
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

pspmania wrote:

Fixed the problem! I know this might seem odd but if you put your Xbox in power saving mode (Takes a bit longer to start up when you power it on) it makes the NAT open!! 

I'm going to share this with the community via my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-Al6rzTlW-h-ys7JrUBJ0VhPJquYTx1X

You will make a number of people very happy if it works for all, not that it makes any sense to me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing your fixes!

It's really good to see people helping others!

Please feel free to keep this thread going to discuss other problems / resolutions around this topic.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos