Menu
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Modem mode doesn't work... :(

Hmm,

So I finally gave in and decided to buy my own router. I have changed my SH to Modem mode, cabled in my my router in and am still getting game disconnections in Warcraft all the time.

My router tells me its losing connection to the internet. The only thing between that and the internet is a modem mode enabled hub. What do I need to do to actually game successfully on this connection. I can see clearly the S.HUB keeps losing its WAN IP over and over...when I check it.

Last night, a new SH arrived from Yodel with the same firmware level on as the one I already have so I don't hold out much hope in replacing it having any lasting effect. None the less I shall change it tonight....

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem mode doesn't work... :(

Can be a Docsis connection problem to the network.
0 Kudos
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

Thanks for replying...Smiley Happy

Is there anything I can do about it?

From the sounds of it there isn't, technically, but I wanted to be sure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Remmelas,

Sorry to hear you're losing connection. I've tried to check your connection to see what could be causing this but couldn't locate your account. I've sent you a private message requesting some information so I can investigate this further for you. Check the red envelope in the top left of the forum for your messages.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Remmelas,

Thanks for responding so quickly with your details. I've now checked your connection and can see that your upstream power levels are too high which will cause slow speeds and dropped connections like you're experiencing.

We'll need to get a technician out to adjust this and I've just sent you another private message to arrange the best time. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks your help John_G.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Don't mean to be a I told you so type of person, but you should have tested it first in modem mode.

People with SH2s in modem mode are highly playing games with no more dc's, if you still get dc's it could be something more.

Would be good to see your superhub power levels.

EDIT - Seen you actually have high upstream power levels.

Majide!
0 Kudos
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Originally, all I had was a disconnecting Warcraft game. Nothing else was failing. Web, Sky, etc... all OK.

Recently this seems to have changed to something a bit more problematic. Many more things fail  now.

I saw the modem mode option in other posts, so we bought our own router and tried modem mode just to rule out some things. Same problem. So i'm really glad the power levels have been identified and will be fixed soon Smiley Happy

I now have my own router to use - which seems to be the preference for gamers on here so i'm glad we are now doing so.

Sorry, I don't really understand the power level stuff with the SH, line etc.

Just happy I have an option to move forwards with.

Rem

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Remmelas,

Cheers for letting us know how the visit went. I've just checked your connection and the power levels are now looking fine again. Are these disconnects happening in modem mode or router mode? 

0 Kudos
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Tried both.

Router mode - still disconnects.

Modem mode - just tried - doesn't work anymore the super hub just hangs every time I enable this mode. My router will not communicate with it no matter what I try. This is a brand new hub lol.

Network logs shows nothing odd.

There is nothing in the firewall logs either.

My firmware version is

Software Version   "V2.01.03"

Hardware Version   3.11
0 Kudos