Menu
Clogster
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Minecraft Realms through Firewall

Hello,

Since July 2016, my wife has suddenly become unable to access Minecraft realms through the Virgin Media router at home. She can access them with my laptop at different places, but at home, it will only connect with the firewall set to Low.

Mojang says I have to open ports 26000-28000, 80 and 443 but this made no difference with the firewall on high.

Coincidentally, around the same time, we stopped being able to access my WD MyBook network storage drive from anywhere else but the home network so i am wondering if this is related, maybe due to some "upgrade" of the router??

Please can someone give me suggestions on what to do about this? I am not running a Minecraft server, just want to access realms. BTW, wife just informed me that in actual fact, she can also not access browser-based games such Agar.io unless the firewall is turned off or on Low.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Minecraft Realms through Firewall

Hello Clogster

Welcome to our forum, it is interesting, I wonder what has changed. Mmm I do not think the firmware has been updated on the Superhub recently, I wonder if it is worth trying a reset of the hub Resetting your Virgin Media Hub 

I feel sure you know what you are doing but will show you the other guide for setting up port forwarding Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub just in case.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos